~WELCOME TO KENJCH OUR PLACE, OUR FORUM~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~WELCOME TO KENJCH OUR PLACE, OUR FORUM~

THANK YOU FOR VISITING US!!!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Poll
Long lasting relationship for guys for men or Girls for women?
YES
If you could remove a bad memory remembered from your mind, would you? I_vote_lcap33%If you could remove a bad memory remembered from your mind, would you? I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
NO
If you could remove a bad memory remembered from your mind, would you? I_vote_lcap67%If you could remove a bad memory remembered from your mind, would you? I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6
Gallery
If you could remove a bad memory remembered from your mind, would you? Empty
Latest topics
Top posters
kenjch
If you could remove a bad memory remembered from your mind, would you? I_vote_lcapIf you could remove a bad memory remembered from your mind, would you? I_voting_barIf you could remove a bad memory remembered from your mind, would you? I_vote_rcap 
secretlyme
If you could remove a bad memory remembered from your mind, would you? I_vote_lcapIf you could remove a bad memory remembered from your mind, would you? I_voting_barIf you could remove a bad memory remembered from your mind, would you? I_vote_rcap 
[] v [] [] [k] 3 []_
sherdil
samn
pcsadmin
robocop
Mizzy
flexkikr
supergirl 09
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

If you could remove a bad memory remembered from your mind, would you?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kenjch
Most Active Users
kenjch

Female
Number of posts : 72
Job/hobbies : Internet
Registration date : 2008-11-03

If you could remove a bad memory remembered from your mind, would you? Empty
PostSubject: If you could remove a bad memory remembered from your mind, would you?   If you could remove a bad memory remembered from your mind, would you? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:27 pm

This is the question asked in the movie "The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind." I would have to say, no, I would not. Even though an event is very painful and hurts you a great deal, once you experience it, it´s best to keep it. The reason is that if you were able to eliminate it easily, then you would essentially go through all that pain for no reason at all. You would be susceptible to doing the same thing over again and again.

This is something the movie touches on, in fact. The two lovers who are able to eliminate the memories of their bad relationship do seem to in fact fall in love over and over again. So, maybe it would have been better if they just had the bad memory of their relationship and had to deal with it rather than having it easily erased. There are instances, however, where the emotional pain was simply pointless where it would be better if an individual could have it eased. The ability to erase memories would, of course, have to be highly regulated given the likelihood it would be abused by individuals who would use it to eliminate bad memories that hurt the collective good.?
Back to top Go down
https://kenjchplace.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1